Now, I'm half tempted to poison them, just because I can, but I'll be damned if I can't make the best freaking batch of Oatmeal Scotties to ever exist.
And where do you go when you're looking for the best ever Oatmeal Scotties recipe? Nestle. Duh.
Before I go telling you these things are phenomenally awesome, they're not. They're okay. They're really, really, really, really sugary. Like, really sugary. But if sugar coated sugar is your thing, maybe you'll like these.
At any rate, I'm fairly confident my good old oatmeal raisin cookies are going to thwart the opposition yet again, but just in case they don't, here's the recipe.
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups quick oats
1 1/2 cups traditional oats
11oz Nestle Butterscotch Morsels
1. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
2. In a separate bowl, beat together butter and sugars.
3. Add eggs and vanilla to butter mixture.
4. Mix flour mixture into butter mixture.
5. Stir oats and butterscotch chips into dough.
6. Scoop dough out in tablespoonfuls. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
Makes, like, 50 absurdly sweet cookies.
P.S. Yes, I pronounce it "scotties" instead of "scotchies." Deal with it.