Monday, April 21, 2014

Monkey Bread and Easter Recap

On Saturday, per family tradition, I threw an Easter egg hunt for the boys--namely, my roommate and my little brother. I may have gone a little overboard in the hiding process.


At any rate, they found all the eggs and traded them in for Easter baskets.


The Easter baskets were demolished in all of about thirty seconds, and everything was awesome, so I made some monkey bread.


I'd never made monkey bread before. I will quite possibly never make monkey bread again.


Sure, it looks great from the front....


...but then you turn it around and the whole thing kind of falls apart. Literally.


I don't know what I did wrong. The recipe calls for a whopping five ingredients, one of which comes pre-made in the grocery store. Ought to be foolproof. But no, apparently not.

To soothe my defective monkey bread wounds, my roommate made a ginormous Easter dinner on Sunday.


That's an enormous plate of meatballs (because not all of us eat ham), mashed potatoes, secret recipe stuffing, and my favorite -- green beans and crackers. All this food is absolutely healthy, low carb, and most definitely does not contain a pound of butter.

Calories don't count in delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment