Thursday, March 6, 2014

Ikea Haul Part 2: Not the Groceries

As you may have heard, I recently ventured to Ikea and purchased a variety of exotic Swedish junk food. I also purchased some snazzy kitchen stuff and some things I plan to use for a top-secret surprise party I'm throwing this summer.



The Snazzy Kitchen Stuff:



Funnels. My roommate has this thing against funnels, which has prevented me from obtaining one for the last almost-three-years. I have decided to stop giving a crap what he thinks of funnels and bought two lime green ones. He'll just have to deal. These funnels set me back a whopping 99 cents.



Fruit Garnishing Set. These are also lime green, which automatically makes them awesome. I bought them mostly because they are lime green, but also because they make cool looking zest strips for garnishing fancy food. This set cost $5.99 and seems to be pretty durable.



Pasta Scoop. Sometimes you just need a pasta scoop. Especially a lime green pasta scoop. Especially a 99 cent lime green pasta scoop.



Plate. The most exciting purchase of the day! A white plate! This plate's name is Fargrik. I don't know what that means, but it was only $2.49, so I don't really care.



Frosted Glass. Not going to lie, this isn't actually for my kitchen, but it was in the kitchen department, so it counts. It's going to be a Q-tip holder, because it was $1.99 which is a whole lot cheaper than my roommate's Q-tip holder.



Hurricane Glasses. Just because it's March and there's snow on the ground doesn't mean I can't have some fruity drink with an umbrella in it. These were $2.99 each and are not shown on the Ikea website because they are in the witness protection program. If anyone asks, their names are Ivan and Charlie.



Drinking Glass. I really wish I had gotten more than one of these. I love the shape and the weight and the fact that it was only $1.99. It makes my regular drinking glasses look like total poser wannabes.



Shelf. This is another super-exciting purchase. Unfortunately, it was an absolute failure. I bought it to add an extra shelf to my freezer, but the shelf I wanted to put it on isn't deep enough. I'm not sure what I'll do with this now, but it's pretty nifty so I'm sure I'll think of something. This was $5.99.


The Top Secret Party Gear:



Frame. I bought ten of these, which made my roommate think I was crazy, but I promise, I have a plan for them. I just can't you what that plan is yet. They were 99 cents each.



Mini Galvanized Buckets. These were actually a lot bigger than I was expecting, so I got away with buying the smaller ones. For 79 cents. Nope, not kidding.



Perler Bead Boards. I had no idea Ikea had these. I found them hiding innocently between the stuffed broccoli and the backpacks. I scooped up two so my brother can help me with the super-secret party decorations. These were $2.00 for each set of four boards.


The Other Random Thing I Bought:



Elf Slippers. These are adorable. If they came in my size I would have bought some for myself, but they didn't, so I bought some for my brother instead, and I'm going to make him wear them no matter how cool he thinks he is. Nobody is ever too cool for elf slippers. Especially elf slippers that come from Ikea and only cost $3.99.


What's your favorite thing to shop for at Ikea?

Check out the other half of my Ikea haul here. Spoiler alert: there may be cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment