These are a million times better.
These peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are a perfect hybrid between peanut butter kiss cookies and chocolate chip cookies. They are soft and pillowy with just the slightest bit of crunch on the outside.
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. The peanut butter I used (Jif) was very salty all by itself, so adding extra salt was unnecessary. If you think your peanut butter can benefit from some extra sodium, go ahead and add a 1/2 tsp salt.
2. Mix together the butter and sugars.
3. Mix in vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter.
4. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough onto parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
I roll my dough into smooth balls and then squish them a little bit. You can skip this step for taller and more irregularly-shaped cookies.
7. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
8. Cool the cookies on the sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Try not to eat them all before they cool.
Makes approximately 40 cookies.