Remember that baking fail from last week? I've turned it around, baby!
The first batch of pumpkin muffins I made were dense and chewy. The flavor was okay, but I just couldn't get past the texture. These new, improved muffins are light and soft with just the right amount of spice. I'm telling you, they taste like fall.
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg, beaten lightly
1/3 cup melted butter
1. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.
2. In a separate bowl mix together pumpkin, egg, butter, and sugars.
3. Combine the flour mixture with the pumpkin mixture. Stir until just combined.
4. Spoon into a muffin tin, well greased or lined with cupcake papers.
5. Bake at 350 for approximately 18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
(Full disclosure: I set my oven to 375, then decided against it and turned it down to 350 when I stuck the muffins in. You can do that on purpose if you want. I don't know if it makes a difference.)
What are your favorite fall recipes? Post them in the comments!