Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Limited Edition Holiday Pringles Review

Potato chips are now dessert.

Not kidding.

Take a look:


Yes, you saw that right. These are limited edition holiday Pringles. They come in three flavors: Cinnamon sugar, white chocolate, and pecan pie. Apparently this is top-secret, information, however, because even Pringles themselves deny the existence of the white chocolate Pringle. This confidential information is to be kept between you, me, and the guy with the really big mustache on the can.


I bought these at Walmart for $1.50 per 5.96oz can (approximately 90 chips). I really would have been okay with paying the extra ten cents for a full six ounces, but oh well....I guess I'm fat enough already.


Let's talk taste.

The pecan pie flavor was, surprisingly, my favorite of the three. It was also my roommate's least favorite, but that's okay, because we don't trust his judgement anyway. These taste like sticky old syrup smeared on the table at your favorite dive diner--sweet and sugary with a maple flavor--and you can practically taste the bacon burning in the back. Next time you feel like licking the table at IHOP, save yourself some germs and pick up a can of these.

The first thing I thought when I put the white chocolate flavor in my mouth was Holy Balls! Who the hell put sugar in the Pringles? I'm not even kidding. These taste like an April Fools Day prank. "Here, honey, have some chips. Oh yeah, I forgot, it's just sugar cookie dough. Bwahaha!"

(Sidenote: My roommate whose judgement we don't trust declared the white chocolate ones his favorite. Weirdo.)

Last but not least, we have the cinnamon sugar Pringles. These are pretty self-explanatory. They taste like cinnamon and sugar lightly sprinkled on a plain Pringle. The flavor is very subtle and reminded me of a grocery store apple pie.

And do you know what the very best news of all is?

Do you?

We can make Pringle duck lips all Christmas long!

(crappy filter used unabashedly to disguise equally crappy photo)

What's your favorite flavor? Give them a try and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment