Thursday, October 24, 2013

Vegetarian Chili Recipe

It was a chilly day today and my roommate and I (who were both home--on a weekday, no less!) decided we needed to make a gigantic pot of chili. This, my friends, is that chili:


First we gathered up all the ingredients....


....and then I chopped the green peppers....





....and then I chopped the onions....





....and then I chopped the jalapenos....




....and then we dumped it all in a pot....





....and then I typed up the recipe while we waited.

Ingredients:
3 medium onions
2 green bell peppers
2 jalapeno peppers
12 oz tomato paste
29 oz petite diced tomatoes
30 oz canned kidney beans
15 oz canned great northern beans
1 tbs basil
2 tbs chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Water as needed

Instructions:
1. Drain all your beans and dump them in an enormous pot with the canned tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook them for about 90 minutes over low heat. Add water if it gets too thick.

2. Chop all your veggies and add them to the enormous pot along with the basil, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook for another three hours or so. Add water if it gets too thick.

3. Pour into bowls, top with cheese, and serve with crackers. Share with the neighbors.

For those carnivorously inclined, feel free to add a pound of browned ground beef about an hour before you plan to eat.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment