Sunday, September 15, 2013

There's an App-le Sauce For That

I was feeling autumnal today (thanks to the gorgeous weather), and decided to make some warm cozy deliciousness.

However, this was also my sorely-needed weekend off from work, so exuding any more effort than absolutely necessary was absolutely unacceptable.

The solution? Apple sauce!

I started with five gala apples and three pink lady apples.


Then I peeled, and chopped, and nibbled.


Then I cooked the apples on medium heat with 3/4 tsp of cinnamon and 1/4 tsp of nutmeg for twenty or thirty minutes.


Then I mashed and gobbled.


In the future, I will definitely make a double batch, cook the apples a little bit longer, and probably try a different variety of apple, just to see if I can make it any sweeter without actually adding sugar. I may also make apple butter instead, because....I'm a child of the south and my apple butter can kick your apple sauce's ass.....or something like that.

What do you crave in fall?


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment