I have been on a Mexican food kick lately. Usually, I'm all up in Italian cuisine (read: pasta, with a side of pasta, and pasta for dessert), but the last few weeks I've been desperately craving Mexican meals. As such, my roommate and I have started making this incredibly delicious and unhealthy dinner.
How to make it:
1. Spread Doritos on a plate. If you aren't a fan of spice or are a traditionalist afraid of change, feel free to use tortilla chips instead.
2. Pour taco meat onto the Doritos. I use Morning Star Grillers Recipe Crumbles (read: fake beef) with mild taco seasoning.
3. Bury the above ingredients under a mountain of cheddar cheese.
4. Add taco sauce. My favorite is Old El Paso, but it can be hard to find.
5. Top with Lettuce and any other veggies you feel contradict the poor decisions made in previous layers.
Do you have any Mexican-inspired dishes to share? I'd love to hear them!